Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Gas pain after gastric bypass

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
User Profile
Hi,

6 months ago I had gastric bypass surgery. And I'm frequently, for the last 2 or 3 weeks, experience very painful gas pain in my midle section...sometimes so painful that I feel like fainting.

I once went to the E.R., because of this and the doctor gave me Pankreoflat, that calms the pains and I usual take it to prevent the pain after the meals.

I try to eat slow, and chew well the food...but sometimes I still feel this disconfort.

What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2011
frequent and foul smelling flatulence
I had 1/3 of my stomach removed and a Rue-Y procedure done due to birth complications and a contaminated endoscopy at the age of 42. So, basically, I have had gastric bypass surgery for reasons other than weight loss. I suffer from a lot of gas (belching-flatulence) and can't seem to get a long term control of it. Probiotics helped for a while. I try to minimize gas producing foods and eat fiber. This seems to minimize some of the problem.
|
Did you find this post helpful?