Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

gas after eating

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Please pardon the graphic grossness of the topic. LOL But hey let's face it: bodies are gross sometimes! That's the way they were made. Smile

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any medical professionals who have experience in digestive, who might have an idea of an answer to my question.

Just recently, in the past week or two, often (but not every time) when I eat, I will start passing eggy gas almost immediately. Sometimes it lasts for hours, it seems, even if I haven't eaten anything since that once.

I'm thinking it may just be need of digestive enzymes or Beano or something. LOL I've never had that happen before in my life however, that I can recall.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kfkohio
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Did the gas seem to happen when you ate specific foods - mainly milk products or fiber? Both of those can cause gas, especially if you are lactose intolerant. Here is a great website with information and questions that may help you determine the cause of your gas after eating. I hope it helps!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/ar ticle/003124.htm
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply