Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Garlic treatment ?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
User Profile
I am using the garlic method. I'm 18, pregnant, anemic, poor and in college. Basically.

Anyway I've been unwrapping a close, cutting off the ends, maybe making an incision in it to be stronger, and putting it in my woohah for a few hours at a time.

It's been three days. I didn't use any today. I don't see the yeast infection discharge i was getting the other day, but my area around the clit is still itchy every so often, and i am having regular clear discharge, a little, but it smells now.

Sorry this sounds so gross, but should I continue using the garlic.

I think i answered my own question.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2009
oops i meant to write
clove not 'close of garlic'

typooooo
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
Garlic method?
I have never heard of this, but putting food into your "woohah" sounds like a bad idea.... Have you talked to your OBGYN?
|

replied April 24th, 2009
Sounds to me like you have a bad yeast infection.
I have six children and I had this happen and is yeast and while pregnant it needs to be taken care of. If you dont have medical insurance try going on medicaid for pregnant woman they do help woman no matter your status. Also please see a hospital for the sake of your baby. Nothing should be going into your vagina when pregnant specially food thats not normal..

MOther of six hope this helps...
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I don't think this would hurt during a pregnancy as it is a natural way to get that area back in sync...

As mom35worried said...if you don't have medical insurance + being pregnant + an infection...check out medicaid.

Do you have access to a free clinic or a place that would provide care based on your income or lack of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Take plain yogurt (perferably organic), fill an empty, clean plastic tampon applicator with said yogurt and freeze.

Once frozen, insert into your vajayjay as if you were inserting a tampon, throw away applicator. Repeat the next day...

I've gone this route before when I had a yeast infection and it works and is a lot less expensive...
|

replied September 29th, 2009
VaJayJay
I love the word vajayjay! and I have been using the garlic method. On top of the clove in the vajayjay, I slice up a clove into pill size pieces. Swallow it with water like tylenol. Do not cook or process in any way other than slicing. Drink a lot (like a gallon a day) of water and leave out the sugar and yeast breads. Seems to work for me. But the above posts are correct. Go to the local social services office and apply for title 19, it will cover the OBGYN and the delivery! You really need to do that or you will have a killer bill at delivery time. Believe me I know from experience!
|