Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Gallbladder surgery necessary ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 29 Female...After few attack and symptoms and Trips to ER,they found that i have gallbladder stones and i have to do the surgery to have my gallbladder out.
Since i first doubt that i wanna do surgery so i did liver cleanse and passed 150 stones out.Now 2 days after my cleanse had butter,now i have mild pain still in right abdoman and between shoulder blade plus my mid back ,again back to ultrousand and they said my stones are gone after the cleanse,But i still need surgery.
My question is should i do the surgery or ?I am also trying to get pregnant so i don't wanna complication later eaither.Please if anybody have answer for me?!
Another question is i have mild Endimitrosis,are these 2 related somehow but i never took and hormon pills in my life.I am healthy eater and in shape.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2009
Experienced User
I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you asking:

Are gallstones related to endometriosis?
|

replied June 1st, 2009
No.I wanna know do i still need surgery to remove gallbladder or not?since the stones are gone.Are they gonna come back?Or will i still have symptomes without stones?When i had the stones befor cleanse they were symptomatic so is that means i have inflamation in my gallbladder and need to be removed anyway?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
Stones usually recur when nonsurgical treatments are used.

WThe good news is that the gallbladder is an organ that you can live without. So, gallbladder removal is the preferred treatment for people with gallstones that cause symptoms. In fact, gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) is one of the most common surgeries performed in the United States.

However, you might want to talk to you doctor about other treatment options if you do not want the surgery. These include:

* Bile salt tablets.
* Sound wave therapy (e
* Percutaneous electrohydraulic lithotripsy
* Topical gallstone dissolution

It's also been found recently that being physically active may ameliorate the risk of recurring gallstones.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Thank you for the reply.It is very usefull.
|

replied July 30th, 2009
Just a note- I recently had a baby and have gallbladder problems. The gastroenterologist said pregnancy can cause gallbladder issues due to hormones. I would deal with this issue before getting pregnant as that is the last thing you want to think about while pregnant!
|