Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder removal following Open heart surgery

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
my husband just went through double bypass surgery a week ago. This was the second bypass because the first one, after just 6 months, didn't work. After he was home for 3 days, he had a very painful stomach ach, in the lower abdomen. I called an ambulance and finally after being in the emergency room and put in a patient room, they decided to do a cat scan and ultral sound. Well with all the test, they found out his gall bladder wasn't working. That is what was causing the pain. They also found a blood clot on one of his lungs.

The cardiologist said it was too dangerous to remove his gallbladder this soon after his heart surgery. So they sent him home with blood thinners, and pain pills. After he was home, about 3 hours, he was in severe pain again. He took 2 pain pills, and nothing happened. I drove him back to the hospital and they gave him morphine, which made the pain go away. They admitted him to the hospital and the doctors are going to talk about it, in the morning, as to what to do.
What do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|