Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder problems with normal ultra sound/CT scan?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Gallbladder stuff...I think..
I`m experiencing pain under ribs in upper right quadrant that radiates into back, excessive belching, some loose stools then constipation - ended up in ER a week ago as so much pain could not lay down/sleep all night. Between that trip and subsequent visit to my doc have had die contrast abdominal CT scan, ultrasound of gallbladder, lots of blood work and urine analysis. All organs appear normal, no gallstones - doctor now wants a hita scan to test gallbladder function. As many have experienced, it`s a blessing to have basically been cleared from some of the very scary stuff, but frustrating to have pain, pressure, discomfort, burning and no answers. I almost hope the hita shows gallbladder is not working which would offer an explanation and solution - removal I assume. If it`s working fine, I`d like advice on what comes next - could it still be gallbladder if all test all clear?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to help you out. From the symptoms that you have mentioned, the first possibility that comes to my mind is gall bladder colic or biliary colic.

It can be due to cholecystitis (inflammation of gall bladder). This can occur either due to the presence f stones in the gall bladder which is called calculous cholecystitis or sometimes there’s inflammation of the gall bladder wihout the presence of any stones (acalculous cholecystitis).

HIDA scan is a good test to know the functioning of the gall bladder. Another possibility which comes to my mind is acute pancreatitis.

Confirmation of this is done by doing serum amylase and lipase. Please consult a gastroenterologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.