Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

back pain with weakness, sweating and nausea

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I looked but haven't seen these symptoms posted previously. Severe pain in back radiating forward to ribs and upper abdomen, weakness, sweating, and nausea. Had my second attack last night. First one was about a month ago. The attacks have both occurred in the evening and last 20 to 25 minutes. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2008
It happened again.
I guess nobody's heard of these symptoms. I'm beginning to think my GP thinks it's in my head. It's not. It's in my upper stomach and back and last night's attack was excruciating. Please.
|

replied March 18th, 2008
Its not in your head!
Tell me what's happend so far with your doctors visits. Did they find out Gallbladder problems? Have you had any tests yet? Your problems could be gallbladder related, but your just at the beginning of a long process to rule other things out. I'm still a work in progress, having severe upper back pains and ribcage pain on the right side. I'm on heavy pain meds until I can see the surgeon on April3rd..Let me know what elese is going on !
|

replied May 21st, 2009
your radiating pain
ask them to check your pancreas -- gall stones can cause problems with your pancreas and cause the nausea and sweating and back pain, I think. At least, my husband seems to have these problems and, with chronic pancreatitis, his whatever levels relating to the pancreas (not sure what they're called) are not always high in his blood.
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
my advice for you
Gallbladder attack symptoms include nauscia, sweating, swollen abdomen, and pain primarily below the right rib cage (stabbing pain) and somewhere under the right shoulder blade. That was what I went through. Also after my surgery I did a ton of research to learn more about what my body went through. It's very interesting to learn how the digestive system works and to see a picture of how all our organs are linked to each other and digesting food! I sound like a dork but I have learned a lot about my body through this not-so-fun experience!

I encourage you to go to the ER and they will obviously check your blood results. Enzyme levels and white blood count levels can help identify what is going on with you! Also an ultrasound of your abdomen will pinpoint the problem.

This is a common procedure to have done if it ends up being your gallbladder. Also, wanted to mention most people experience gallbladder attacks at night!

I am not a doctor but hope my advice can only help you. Smile
|