Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Gagging

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I do on occasion feel anxious but not all the time. I love boxing but seem to constantly gag when exhaling sharply for a long period of time when Im punching and shadow boxing. It doesnt happen right away but does after an extended time. It also happens whether I have a mouth piece on or not. I noticed it started happening a few months after smoking cigarettes (3 years) but I have recently quit smoking for alil over a month now, going on two months. Ive been trying the electronic e cigarttes and found that they dont make me gag. But when I begin shadow boxing the feeling to gag is still present. I dont believe it is anxiety based because it happens when Im alone and when in a great mood. Do you have any idea why this is? I dont know If Im tensing my throat or maybe my uvulva is hitting the back of my throat when I exhale. Ive been to a doctor and she says theres nothing wrong with my uvulva or thyroid and doesn't know why this happens. The gagging only occurs when Im exercising (shadow boxing, sparring) and breathing vigourously for an extended period of time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|