Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Fungal infections of the penis and foreskin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
I find flakes on my penis when i rub it which i wash it regularly. sometimes i find cut on my foreskin upon sliding it back, which itches amd makes me scratch more. i feel relieved when i move my foreskin up and down but the itching still remains. tingling effect stays even if i dont do anything. also on curve after i slide my forskin back, i saw red spots, which later develops into cuts. so far i manage to control it by using ointments like betadine etc. Just to add i had same situation some 8-10 years back when i was single.
Can you please help what this means. My sexual life is normal. let me know if you want to know something more.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2008
Penis Answer A5176
Current medical status: none so far
Current medical treatment: ointments such as betadine, soframycin for external application.

According to the symptoms you describe, you might be experiencing a fungal infection of the penis and the foreskin. The excessive washing with inadequate products (soap or shampoo without proper pH) might have created an excellent environment for developing a fungal infection. This situation is more common in females, but can happen in males, too. You might want to visit a dermatologist to reassure yourself.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.