Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

"Full" feeling in uterus?

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
So I'm a 20 year old girl with suspected endometriosis (I'm booked in for exploratory laparoscopic surgery in a few weeks...) and about 2 weeks ago I was prescribed the depo 3 month birth control injection to help manage my pain. I have a boyfriend and so naturally, I asked how long it would be until i would be "covered" against pregnancy, and I was told by that night, definitely. A few days later my boyfriend and I got physical (right around the time of my ovulation) and I let him finish in me, unprotected.
Then, out of pure paranoia, we did some research on google and found out the Injection can be ineffective the first time it's used and also until you've had your first period on it (or around about the time you would get it, if it causes yours to stop).
I have been experiencing nausea, fatigue, painful cramps and have been extremely emotional (although this can also be attributed to my endo/ just being a female...) but the thing that I am confused about is a very strange sensation I have been experiencing for the past week of a "full" feeling in my uterus/ vaginal area (almost like an "air bubble" is trapped and can't come out, or something is going to drop out of me) which I have never experienced with endo before. Naturally, I became concerned and took a pregnancy test, which was negative, but I think I was a little early for that test to detect if I am pregnant as my period is technically due in about 5 days.... Does anyone have any advice? I'm very confused!!
Thank you!! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Since you can have false negative results with urine pregnancy test kits during early pregnancy as the kits are calibrated ones, so unless the hormone levels in urine reach a certain level, they do not show positive results. Urine pregnancy test kits usually start showing positive results after about 18-20 days post-conception (roughly corresponding to about 1 week after your missed/altered periods). The test should always be done on early morning first urine sample to get accurate results (pregnancy hormone HCG is believed to be in highest concentration in this sample, and you should avoid lot of fluid intake and caffeinated beverages in the night before taking the test). Wait and watch for your periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. If the symptoms suggestive of pregnancy are persistent, or if your usual periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.