Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Full feeling in stomach in morning

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Please help, When I get out of bed in the morning, I have a full feeling in my stomach like I am six months pregnant, I feel like I have been working out because my muscles feel tight also, and I can hardly breathe. Is anyone out there going through this? I can hardly eat because I am always feeling full, like I have ate 6 or 7 meals at an all you can eat buffet.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2010
Unfortunately, I cannot offer a diagnosis based simply upon the description that you have provided. There are multiple potential causes of early satiety (feeling full very quickly when eating), and so I would recommend that you be referred to a GI doctor, especially if you are also losing weight.

You may require that a scope be placed into your stomach (through your mouth) to assess your esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (first part of the small intestine).

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.