Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Front teeth losing enamel

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I have never had any major problems with my teeth. I wore braces but I fear I did not wear my retainers long enough as they are now moving back. However, this is the least of my problems as of now.

About 2 months ago I noticed major problems with my teeth. It had seemed to have occured over night. My front teeth have never been perfectly white, I have never neglected my oral health but I have never been great with it. All of a sudden all of my front teeth seem to be losing enamel [I'm guessing this is the problem] and there seems to be a lot of decay appearing. - Nothing hurts but it looks terrible.

I'm so worried about what a dentist will say. I'm not sure whether this is due to the bullimia I have suffered with the past year [this is now sorted].

I really would like to know what dentists can do in these situations, I can't lose my teeth at 19.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Bullemia can destroy enamel (acid from your stomach when one continues to vomit)...

You really need to see a dentist...it is not too late to save your teeth.
|
Did you find this post helpful?