Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

frequent vaginal farting (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I've checked through the forum and can't find anything relating to this...not a serious health problem but very embarrassing!

In the past my vagina would sometimes make farting noises after sex as the air came out. However, despite not being sexually active for about 6 months, recently these noises have started happening during the day as well, particularly if I have been sitting for a long period then stand up. This is extremely embarrassing, as I work in a very small office and the noises are loud enough for my colleagues to hear!

I started swimming around the time this problem started, and I have also noticed that when I swim a lot of water accumulates in my vagina then gradually seeps out for about an hour after the swim.

Does this mean that my vaginal muscles aren't tight enough? What might have caused this? Could it be that I have stretched my muscles by having sex too much/too young/with a partner who was too big/by swimming vigorously? I've started doing pelvic floor muscle exercises but is there anything else I could do to stop the air getting trapped up there?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pradagal
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2009
Community Volunteer
Queefing:

Sometimes during vaginal sex — or when a woman inserts something in her vagina — air gets pushed into the vagina. When the penis or another object is removed, the air is released, and it makes a noise, which is sometimes called a "queef" or a "vaginal fart." Sometimes air is also released even if nothing is inserted into the vagina.

Queefing is normal.
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
thanks for answering. i appreciate that it happens to everyone. but does it happen to everyone all the time??? it happens everytime i stand up after sitting down, over about a week of every month. i can't control it and i know it is immature to be embarrassed but it is making me self-conscious and reluctant to go out of the house.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
Keegles
The muscles in your vaginal are weak and are causing you to lose suction. I had issues too after having kids and my doctor said to do the keegles. If you don't know how to do keegles I suggest the next time you are going pee that you try to stop and start. Those are the muscles that you want to target. Once you do that; you can do them anywhere (without the peeing part of course). Hope that helps.
|
Users who thank winterhalterm for this post: whoever83 

replied January 26th, 2009
hi, thanks for replying. the thing is that i don't have children and i am 25. does anyone know what could have caused my muscles to be weak?
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
It's okay
Same thing happens to me. I'm 18 and have only had sex three time with my fiance. I'm in college right now, so we barely get to see each other. I tend to find out that it happens rarely to me, usually only once in a blue moon. I would suppose that, like winter said, just do some like Keegles and you should be back on track. It's really no big deal, and they're probably not as loud as you think Smile you'll be fine! Don't worry!
|
Users who thank Hiryuu for this post: whoever83 

thanks, that reply is really sweet and reassuring. i'm glad i'm not the only one, and i hope you don't find it too embarrassing when it happens to you!
|

I'm glad I can reassure you Smile. I have a roommate, but whenever it happens I just act like it didn't haha. Because it's a slight movement inside of you, just like when chewing food, you hear it louder than it really is. And honestly, if guys try to laugh or anything, just remind them of how they used to have boners when their mothers came to wake them up for school in junior high.

That always gets them hehe.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
queefing
I have this problem too. A few years ago when I was a freshman in college we were exercising with our class and we did a partner move where we lifted our hips with a balance ball between our legs and switched it to our partner over our heads. I kept "queefing" really loud. I wanted to die. It still haunts me.
Whenever I exercise by lifting my hips over my head it happens!!!! Sad Does anyone know how to stop this? I do yoga and I am so terrified that it will happen in my yoga class. I feel like I am the only one since no other girls seem to be experiencing this.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
About vaginal farts
Do varts? mean you are loose??? Can a virgin have them?
|

replied February 28th, 2009
yoga queefing
Every time I do shoulder stands in yoga, which is when the hips are raised up and the feet go above the head, I queef. It is so embarrassing, but it happens to one of my friends, too! I wonder why that particular movement causes it to happen and why it happens to both of us?
|

replied May 7th, 2009
sex positions
hey dont worry apparently its v common, women just dont talk about it. sometimes it happens to me after me and my husband do it in doggy style position! I dont really know how to avoid that happening without the pitty of having to avoid that position ! Smile
|

replied May 7th, 2009
a possible solution?
never tried it for that purpose...but perhaps if it's a problem you can insert a tampon (of course not for an extended period of time)
would that help?
|

replied June 21st, 2011
Wow, that's a clever idea. I'm so going to try that. I do yoga and any time those legs go above my head, the air goes in, and the queef comes out!
|

replied June 21st, 2011
Wow, that's a clever idea. I'm so going to try that. I do yoga and any time those legs go above my head, the air goes in, and the queef comes out!
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
i think
when you raise your hips up you open the muscles more, allowing gravity to do it's work and push air in there. It happens to me alot. I am a mom and try to stay with him and it happens alot. Again, like others say...kegals. I've been doing them and they seem less active, except after sex. Your vaginal muscles could just be weak, even though you ain't had sex. They are like any other part of the body, if you don't use them often they will become weak. I hope this helps
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Vaginal Farts
Glad to know this happens to others, I thought I was the only one! This was happening to me only after my husband and I were doing it doggie style but now it happens whenver we switch positions from him on top to me on top or from on top to him behind. It is annoying and defiently doesn't help the romantic feeling in the bedroom! Which there was a way to make it stop. I have been doing kegals forever (3 years) since had gave birth to such a large baby. You would think they would be the strongest muscles on me but they seem to be the weakest.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
Hey no worries, it's all part of our natural bodies reactions to things. Lol
|

replied August 4th, 2009
OMG, my bf was going down on me, but in reverse (i was in a doggy style position)for a veeeeeery long time and after he was done...it happened and it happened several times. i was so desperate to find a solution, i did so much research that i was lucky enough to come across a post from yahoo, that a girl mentioned her friend would "bear down" to avoid this problem. so a week after i tried it, same scene...he was going down on me but in reverse and i did bear down and i also did keegels and it worked. i made no sound after sex and if happened during, it was not even noticeable. i suggest for girls who have had this problem to try it.
|

replied April 9th, 2011
What do you mean by "bear down"?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
What do you mean by "bear down"?
|

replied August 29th, 2009
I used to have a girlfriend who would "queef" frequently during sex in any position. For what it is worth, I found it totally unobjectionable, just a sound like others associated with our (very enjoyable) lovemeking. I would think most men would be the same.
I can see it might be embarrassing in non sexual situations, as it could be mistaken for a fart.
|

replied September 14th, 2009
Queefing
That's like a guy sayin ..."I just hate it when i wear sweat pants or basketball shorts and my penis especially the head is defined, people look and I think they might be laughing inside about my size-"I just want to die! lol".

To queef is normal. Personally I like to hear it. I even would play with my gf vagina(69) and I'd blow in hold it with my mouth then let go then alot of air would blow out like a balloon. Before that while having sex that would happen and she'd be like "OMG!" then I'd be like "I like that, do it again" or "Let it talk to me" lol but anyways point was after that, she wasn't that embarrassed anymore.

Other times she'd tell me while in the living room at her house she got up from sitting down with her brother sister & mom and she queefed she said she was embarrased. And I'd have2say she's the only one i know that queef's that much. She's not loose either. She's bout 5'7" 125lb. what i think is you know how peoples thighs dont touch or when you wear a thonge but your still able to see it? Well my point is a doubt it if fat people queef bc of all that fat blocking it(except during sex doggy style). Inside a vagina is like a balloon, what goes in comes out and it also sounds as such. You just have to be comfortable with things that are at times out of your control like men's boner's "So what it happen's ya know Hell air hits mine or freakin riding the subway and im like wth? but anyways...at least got a 26yr old guy from baltimore's perspective on this heh.
|

replied September 14th, 2009
Don't blow air inside of her vagina
Dude! don't blow air inside of her vagina!
She will always queef if you do her in a position where her head is lower than her butt, no need to blow inside of her.
|