Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Frequent urination

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I've been experiencing episodes of frequent urination that range in severity from going more frequently to constantly feeling the need to urinate without relief after voiding. There is no pain or incontinence associated with these symptoms and I have been ruled out for UTI's. Historically, these symptoms would start several days before my period and disappear once my period began. I recently had a baby and during the pregnancy and for about three months after giving birth, I had no symptoms at all and felt great.

About a month ago the symptoms started to return but my period has not yet started again. There has not been a real pattern this time. I seem to get symptoms for a few days and then they disappear for a few days and then return. I am breastfeeding right now. I have been to a urologist and he put me on Urelle. This helps sometimes but other times doesn't seem to be doing anything. My urologist seems reluctant to put me on anything else because of the breastfeeding. I have played around with hyrdation and water intake. I don't really see any trend with food. Nothing seems to make it better. I am depressed because of the impact this is having on my life and am looking for people who have had similar experiences. After searching the internet, my symptoms seem to match somewhat, but not entirely, several different conditions including OAB and IC. Any thoughts. I am wondering if I need to see a different urologist since this one doesn't seem to have much advice to offer me or any ideas of what might be causing it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
I'm 14 year old girl... I have the same probs but my urine smells fishy. I'm also looking for answers
|

replied January 24th, 2010
You probably have a bladder infection. You should see your doctor and have a urinalysis done. Good luck.
|

replied February 5th, 2010
Experienced User
Frequency to urinate
Hi Weefy, just wondering did you get any answers. I too have frequency to urinate, but not always consistent. Sometimes during period, no control at all, which is scary. Sometimes I could go a dozen times a day, sometimes just six times. All this in the last 3 months or so. Tried antibiotics but made no difference.
|

replied February 24th, 2010
Random episodes of frequent urination
I too am having these symptoms. I can go several days feeling pretty normal, and then I have an episode where I have to go like every 15 minutes for like 12 hours straight! It's horrible and I too am emotionally maxed out. No pain, just pee....
HELP ME!! I am only 23.... Oh and sometimes it feels like my heart is racing during these episodes too.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
Experienced User
Well just finished my 3rd set of tablets, they were best but didnt cure me as such. Just took longer to pee! I can live with it but would love to know the cause, in case it is the start of something serious......
|

replied March 19th, 2010
Experienced User
hi folks, did you get any answers? On my 4th bout of tablets, urologist next i think.
|