Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Frequent Urination

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
For around a year, I have had the frequent urge to urinate as well as a few others things.

When I drink any liquids, I have to urinate 5-10 minutes after drinking them and then after the urge to urinate usually remains. It is however not in my bladder, but more in my penis. Along with this, it feels like there is something "there" in my penis, sort of a bit of pressure near the head (not pain or anything, just discomfort) However, I have at a few times felt a bit of a sharp pain but it quickly went away.

There is no blood in my urine stream, and theres no pain or burn when I urinate. I do drink a lot of water in a day, but with people having commented on how much I am in the bathroom I thought this was working asking about. It is also sometimes difficult to starm the urine stream, especialyl when I have just gone (sometimes I can not even go, but the urge remains)

The weirdest thing is that the urge, like I said is mostly in my penis and not in my bladder. I also have a feeling of pressure nearthe opening to my anus (bottom part) and in my stomach (fullness, ahve had several tests done and found nothing) but I'm not sure if these things are all related. Sorry for the long post, any help is appreciated.

edit: i'm 19 years old, and have had one sexual partner in the past two years, so i'm certain it's not an STD.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Discomfort in penis along with increased urination frequency, are symptoms of an inflammation of the prostate gland, so called prostatitis.
Pain in testicles, and discomfort in the lower abdomen, low back, groin, rectum or perineum (the area between the scrotum and rectum), and constipation, are additional symptoms of prostatitis.
There are different types of prostatitis, and most common one is bacterial.
Prostatitis can be abacterial, too, appearing in several variants (one known as prostadynia is related to autoimmune and neurological causes, and is believed to be an expression of intestinal cystitis).
You should talk with your urologist about interstitial cystitis, that is an inflammation of the urinary bladder in which the bladder becomes small, scarred, and less able to expand.
Main symptoms are frequent urination, and feeling pressure to urinate.
Possible causes include autoimmune disorder (in which the body's own immune system mistakenly attacks the bladder), an allergic reaction, a hormonal disturbance, a defective mucous lining that would normally protect the bladder, the presence of toxic substances in the urine, or an abnormality of the spine.

Actually, many males who ultimately receive a diagnosis of IC have been previously diagnosed with chronic prostatitis or prostadynia.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?