Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Frequent urination and kidney pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
i am 18, ihave been going back to my doctor for weeks and cant get answers.I am urinating at least 40 times a day,pain in my kidneys, abdominal pain, feeling as if my insides are coming out my bottom. cant go out feel awful dont know what to do I had cramps in my stomach previously and feltill i was also anorexic 3 years ago. My periods have got closer together as well.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A10367
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. You should consult a urologist and get yourself evaluated. The cause of the frequent urination and pain abdomen can be a stone in the urinary tract and for the same you may need further investigations like ultrasound or CT scan of the abdomen. Getting a blood sugar done is also important to rule out diabetes mellitus.

There’s another condition called diabetes inspidus which can also present as frequent urination. It is due to a decreased production of a hormone which is responsible for the reabsorption of water from the kidneys. I must admit that a diagnosis is usually possible only after a physical examination and investigations and making an online diagnosis is not possible. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.