Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Frequent urination and flank pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
i am 17 years old.it all started about 3 months ago with righ flank pain and frequent urination.i went to the doctor and they thought it would be somting to with kidney so, they did ultasound and urin culture and the result came out normal.after that i was feeling nauseous with abdominal pain and had no apetite for a week and saw little blood in stool,so i went to ER. they did x-ray and stool test and it came out fine but they told me i have constipation.i still have the pain, but the frequent urination got better and my apetite is good now.but my neck is kind of sore, so what could it be? and it feels like somting is moving in my body.
p.s my white blood cells count low.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2010
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Answer A13441
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Lower right abdomen pain is commonly due to appendicitis. The pain, can at times come and go and not give the classic picture. Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, constipation, and mesentry (a thin tissue that carries the blood, nerves and lymphatics for the intestine) involvement, can all cause lower right abdomen pain. Crohn’s disease is a difficult entity to diagnose.

Along with gut symptoms skin disorders and arthritis too are commonly seen with Crohn’s. An upper GI series using barium dye is done to see the condition of small intestines. The degree of involvement of the large and small intestine may vary from person to person. A biopsy is the most confirmatory.

An elevated ESR does confirm inflammation in the body. Low protein, minerals and iron in blood are the other findings in Crohn’s which may or may not be present. A recent advancement in Crohn’s diagnosis is video capsule endoscopy.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.