Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Frequent urination after hernia repair

After mt laparoscopic surgey (about 4 weeks ago ) I am expercing frequent visit to the bathroom (about every two hours) is this common.I read that this surgery could injured the bladder.What shoulsd I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2010
I also had hernia repair about 4 weeks ago. I initially had frequent urination but that has resolved itself. Although, I do have pain when I hold my urine, when I need to go. If it doesn't get better, I would definitely see your surgeon about this.
|
Users who thank ErinAshlie1 for this post: calumby 

replied March 7th, 2010
?
I have been battling this issue since my hernia surgery in june of 09 it has been a nightmare for me. I have been seeing Uroligist, neroligist, surgeons, with no results. I have the sensation to urinate all the time! I have had every test, mri, cat scan, bladder, prostate med. in the book. They can't figure out the problem. If you find any solution. Please write me. Thanks and good luck! ~Ian
|
Users who thank inkspill77 for this post: calumby 

replied March 9th, 2010
Thank you for your response,I did see an urologist and was prescribed with some medicine to help my bladder.I see the problem getting better.thanks again
|

replied March 9th, 2010
Thank you for your comment,my urologist prescribed me with UROXATRAL to help the urine flow from the bladder.I can tell it's getting better,at least that urge of going to the bathroom it's going away.Check with your urologist because this drug is strong and can cause problems related to blood pressure,etc.
|