Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Frequency of urination

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hi,

My 7 month old baby boy constantly urinates,, about 25 times per day. he has no other symptoms, is this normal??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
How you know he does urinate that many times a day? He should be wearing a diaper, so how can you tell? Are you changing him 25 times a day?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
since we are from an asian country we have cloth nappies for him, so we know that we normally change it for 25 times a day
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
I don't know what to tell you exactly...there may or may not be a problem. Newborns should have 6-8 heavy soaked diapers a day. This is what every doctor will tell a new mom, but usually if that is ok, doctors don't worry about it as a matter of routine at 7 months. This is just a measure of knowing how much fluid intake they have. Remember that what goes in must come out.

When I have researched for stories and information on this topic, it seems that if you are really worried that your baby has some bigger problem like diabetes or such like (which I think improbable) you can take him to a doctor, and with his advice might need to take him in for a urinalysis and possible blood testing. Some doctors tend to take things way too far, so please be careful.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2009
head bumps
what causes bumps on thhe back of my head small painfull
bumps yhat gather inflamation sometimes and seams to be spreading .
|

replied April 17th, 2013
Frequency of Urination became less
My 6 months baby urination frequency became less during night and the amount of urination also became less..May i know the reason plz....Surya
|