Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Frequency of passing stones ?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
User Profile
I'm 16 I passed my first kidney stone in October. It was excruciatingly painful but at the time I didn't know it was a stone until I found blood in in urine and went to the doctor. Then again in December I passed another one and was hospitalized for 6 days, and in February I passed another one. I've had brief pains in between but not as severe and lasting only about 10 min. I haven't passed once since Febuary is there any way to know when I will pass another one so I can...prepare? The 3 I passed were each about 2 months apart but now as of March the ultrasound showed that there were no stones but my left kidney is covered in like calcium particles like sand they said. Will I always have kidney stones (on both kidneys by the way) or will it eventually stop?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2011
(online)
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It seems that you do have a sever form of nephrolithiasis.

The description provided indicates that you might be predisposed to a chronic illness due to the stones.

You might consult with a urologist for any possible interventions that can be done to prevent the repeated attacks, such as placement of a stent, etc.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.