Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Freezing precancerous spot on face

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
If a Dr freezes a place they say is precancerous, how bad does it look? Or do they just do that for all precancerous places on the skin? Mine was on my temporal area (right side). I also have another spot she will probably look at on the other side. I have had probably 3 other times that I have been looked at for cancer. But, never have been told the "PRECANCEROUS" term. Should I be nervous? I find out in a week from today.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stormie
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Precancerous skin lesions are changes in skin that aren't cancerous, but could become cancer over time.
It is very possible that you are having actinic keratosis (red or scaly patch), a precancerous lesion that forms on sun-damaged skin, affecting the most superficial skin layer, that eventually will turn into squamous cell carcinoma.
Cryosurgery, or freezing the affected tissue is one of the most common treatment for AK.
AK are usually very responsive for treatment, but, regular follow ups are important for checking for relapse or new precancerous changes.
|

replied November 18th, 2009
I had keratosis frozen yesterday on my face, the ight temple area. I am today having alot of pain in that area which feels like neuralgia. Don't know what to do.
|

replied May 19th, 2011
frozen keratosis on the face
how long does it take for frozen keratosis to heal and what should you do until the scab falls off?
|

replied November 30th, 2011
I have it done every year-last year had one frozen off my forehead and two the nose. I am a poolman by trade and play golf. Better to get this than an internal cancer-very treatable. No big deal. Just visit your dermatologist at least annually. They come off in a few weeks.
|

replied December 13th, 2011
Does a scar remain after treatment? What can you do to minimize the scar?
|

replied June 6th, 2012
Did you end up getting this frozen off and how was it? Did it heal ok is there scaring?
|

replied July 5th, 2013
PATCH of precanerous cells on my pretty face...
uh-oh. Why is there no answer to this? I'd like to know too. I need to have a large patch of precancerous cells burned off the front side of my face.
|
Quick Reply