Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Freezer burn

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
How long does it take for freezer burn to heal and what is the healing process? Also does it leave a scar?,?
Because I left ice on my newborns-(5weeks) sons skin too long, with no barrier between the skin for 5 min and it left a red spot on his skin. I brought him to the urgent care twice and the doctor would not put anything on it because he said, " it does not look to bad, he is too young and it would heal on its own". Im still worried about a scar even though the doctor said there wont be a scar. I cant wait for the redness to go away.

Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2008
Experienced User
My sons face heeled fast in a week! wow! lol! The scar is gone! The human body works an amazing way! yes Very Happy
|
Users who thank reneblack for this post: admin 

replied April 27th, 2011
i was given first aid at work ice was put on my leg wich was in a plastic bag. it then blisterd and i had to have 2 debridement ops on it. now 6 mounths on the skin is a different colour all around the area. was it the ice that has made the skin discolourd?
|

replied April 27th, 2011
i was given first aid at work ice was put on my leg wich was in a plastic bag. it then blisterd and i had to have 2 debridement ops on it. now 6 mounths on the skin is a different colour all around the area. was it the ice that has made the skin discolourd?
|