Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Fractured pelvis recovery time

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
my mom is 86. she fell while dancing , and fractured her pelvis. she already had osteoporosis. she is now in a rehab center. she has aways been an active and positive person. i am worried because she is in so much pain. the staff at the rehab are not telling her too much. she has been the primary caregiver for my 90 yr old father , who has had several mini strokes. i am an nurse, however i could use some input, about the recovey time period and the length of time that the pain starts to subsibe. thank you, pat
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gmahler
|

replied May 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Pat: I have heard four to five months...With her being older, it may even be longer...

Dancing at 86???...Lord, she is my hero....I know my Aunt broke her's years ago and it took her a very long time...

Good luck,

Caroline
|

replied May 31st, 2009
whilst playing rugby I fractured my pelvis from a high energy impact. How long must i stay on crutches and what is the result of getting off them early.
|

replied May 31st, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Chriswilliams and welcome to ehealth: In order to find out the correct answer to this, you should speak with your Orthopedist...You can also "Ask the Doctor" at the top of this page...Take your time in healing...What you do now, can affect how your body will be in years to come...

Take care,
Caorline
|

replied April 10th, 2010
How long does the pain last with a fractured pelvis - specifically the pubis rami? My fracture is related to a fall, but not displaced. Also, how long will the complete recovery take and what precautions should I take. I currently limp and use a cane most of the time.
|

replied August 10th, 2010
pelvic fracture recovery time
what is recovery time for a healthy senior with sacral and pubis rami fractures that did not require surgery
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Heyy
Hey I fractures my pelvis in 3 places after being in a highway rollover car accident. For the first three months I was paralized from the waist down due to the severity of the fractures and at firsth they said it would take about 4 months to heal. It's been 8 months since the accident and my pelvis, although it's begun to heal, isn't completely healed yet. My doctor said it would tAke a full year to heal:( The pain is a daily miserable thing but I've leArned how to walk again through physical therapy.
|

replied May 22nd, 2014
my son's pelvis was shattered in a traumatic car accident. It has been 9 weeks since his surgery and they say it is healing well. he also broke his back and that is healing as well. He has started therapy about 2 weeks ago to start bearing weight again. He is an incredible amount of pain constantly. Will this ever subside?
|