Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Fractured Fibula and Exercise?

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I fractured my right fibula two weeks ago and my orthopedist had my leg cast today in a non-load bearing fiber glass cast. I'll be in said cast for the next three weeks. I'm getting married in 8 weeks and WILL be able to walk down the aisle and dance (doctor has recommended I search for a snazzy pair of tennis shoes to go with my dress), however I would still like to continue to exercise the rest of my body to stay toned and in shape. Any suggestions for exercises that can be done while sitting?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi mookiefishes and welcome to ehealth: I am sorry that I could not reply to this earlier...You are probably now out of the cast...Just take it easy as this heals...It will take time and near a year for it to get back to the strength that it was...

Hope you found those neat tennis shoes and honey, dance at your wedding...Enjoy this wonderful day of your life...You just brought back memories...Stay safe and have a wonderful life...I sure have...

Hugs,
Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Exercise, aisle
Quick Reply