Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

found a bump I squeezed it, pus and blood came out?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I found a bump under my armpit and when I squeezed it a lot of pus and blood came out and I saw that there was an ingrown hair. After this, I found another lump in a similar area and the first time I squeezed it, pus and blood came out. It recently came back bigger and I thought it was another ingrown hair so I squeezed it but only blood came out and the top of the lump is discoloured (dark). I also found ANOTHER smaller bump next to the first one and it also had a lot of blood... What could these bumps be and are they dangerous?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2012
Skin Answer A33087
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of the bumps provided indicate them to be skin glands infected with bacteria.

They are not dangerous, but they can be a bit of nuisance.

You should consult with a dermatologist who can examine them and treat them with antibiotics. In case they are large in size, they can be abscesses or cysts, that need to be removed totally to prevent recurrence of symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.