Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Foul taste from wisdom teeth extraction?

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
So I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed on April 9th. Everything is healing fine except for my bottom right tooth. I had a impacted wisdom tooth removed. That area has had an almost constant aching there, and there's a very foul taste in my mouth originating there. I bit on some gauze and some brown yellowish liquid what looks like dried blood came out and it smells really bad. I brush, rinse with salt and even clean the area with the syringe the Dentist gave me.. But the taste still comes back and more stinky brown stuff comes out. i've been taking antibiotics and tylenol#3. Is this normal? I would call my dentist office but they're closed all week. Help me please? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Go back to the dentist as he probably has to open it up and clean it out...I have had this done and believe me, the hurt you feeling now will feel wonderful when it gets opened up and relieved....Until then, some salt water rinse is about the best I can say...

Good luck,
Caroline
|

replied June 25th, 2010
yellow liquid comming from tooth...
hi! im the same!im 22 and my wisdom teeth are all impacted. i also have a severe anxiety problem so have not been back to dentist since i was 18 (when i first started getting wisdom teeth). anyhow they have stared to get extremely painful again, jaws swollen and everything! they smell so bad and have a yellowish liquid coming from one especially! Sad im even shaking writing this! can anyone please give me some advice? is it sore to remove them? how does the dentist do it etc! and will he take 2 out at a time for me!? plese help. i really need to have this done but am riddled with nevers that i cant even sleep at night! Sad
|

replied July 22nd, 2010
stillwaterforever, I hope you finally made it to the dentist. They definitely need to come out. The yellow liquid should be abscess which is infected pulp within the tooth. Pulp is the liquid within the tooth. The teeth need to be removed, I hope you had it done and you are feeling better.
|

replied August 25th, 2010
Hello there
stillwaterforever, it is an abscess to be frank. You need to go to your dentist and have him give it a look. He will prescribe you some antibiotics. Within a couple days, it will disappear like magic Smile Once it is gone, you must have your wisdom extracted asap. It does no good rinsing it with salt water/Listerine. GL
|