Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

foul smelling menstrual blood and fishy smelling discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
ive had this problem since giving birth to my daughter 2 years ago...to begin with the smell wasnt really that noticable but as the months have gone on it is steadily gettin worse.....(i was using the depro injection but stopped it after 3 injections as it didnt suit me...my periods were so erratic and weeks long)...my period blood smells like what i can only describe as a drain or dirty nappy all through my period then when its stopped i get a fishy smelling discharge that is quite strong....the discharge itself is usually a white/yellowish colour but sometimes it can be tinged a bit pinkish. im 30, married and have 2 children. does anyone else get this too?? and what was the diagnosis?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper geordiebabe1
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms of foul smelling discharge/menstrual bleeding could be suggestive of possible infective causes. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination, vaginal swab/smear test to identify causative agent. Get started on treatment as indicated by your examination findings and investigation results. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

|

replied January 21st, 2014
Liquid Chlorophyll - is a natural deodorizer from inside out helps balance ph as well as bad breath and all sorts of things at GNC There's something called CHLORO-FRESH tastes great and is bout 15 bucks WORKS WONDERS!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.