Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Foul smell in right nostril

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have had this foul smell in my right nostril only for the past few months and it is driving me crazy! It is hard to explain the smell but the best I can come up with is something rotting. It comes and goes once or twice a day and will last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. It seems to happen if I blow my nose or sniffle too hard but sometimes it just happens randomly. I am the only one that can smell this and it effects the way food tastes if I try to eat like this. I bought a sinus rinse kit and that will get rid of the smell immediately after rinsing but the smell will come back soon after unless I keep rinsing. Sometimes the smell will not happen for several days and sometimes it happens multiple times a day! I have no idea what this could be so if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them. One more thing, I have no other symptoms to go along with this, just an annoying smell!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply