Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Formation of scar tissue after an appendectomy

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
User Profile
Nerve issuse under scar after appendix surgery almost 2yr after now.( ihad this done when i 20-21yrs old. doctors have ruled out hernia, and strain. (this is leaving me broke). how can i fix this issuse it has taken everything from me, and effected every part of my daily life. i cant due such works out like bench press, abs ect... **symptoms** are as followed, knot filling in lower abs, hurt like hell if i ever more wrong or to fast. i feel it all the way by the top half of my penis. loss of feeling in a lot lower half, legs ect. cold feet. swelling of stomache. lower back pain from time to time. effects love life from time to time, cold feet, bowel movement are a little differant, more gasy, ect.. it all coming from the main incision scar by my bell botton. please help, how can i get this fix, it depressing me, and leaving me with nothing. please let me how to go about it, and you know any doctorss in ill, that can help me this issuse. i am insured.
p.s pls put ur self in my shoes.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2010
Appendix and Appendicitis Answer A9820

According to the data you provided (pain and knot feeling in lower abdomen, loss of feeling in lower half of legs, sweating of the stomach, appendix removed 07/2008) the symptoms might be related to scar tissue formed after the appendectomy (removal of appendix). Sometimes the inflamed appendix causes fluid to collect near the appendix. This fluid is usually completely absorbed within one week. However, in certain cases (particularly when there is stronger inflammation), the fluid might not be absorbed completely and part of it might help connective tissue to be formed.

This connective tissue might connect and pull close organs (including nerves), thus causing immense pain. The pain usually appears at certain positions and movements which are advised to be avoided.

You might want to visit an abdominal surgeon for a physical examination and suggestions about any surgical treatment options like removal of this connective tissue if this condition is life-debilitating for you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Appendix and Appendicitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.