Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Foreskin infection or genital warts

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi I am a 25 year old male, I suffer (well I wouldnt call it suffer) from raised hair
folecules in my penis, which is not much of a problem but this makes it difficult for me to deferenicate if something more sinister is going on. I recently had a good look under my foreskin and found some small dots together, I might have had something similar before I was sexually active, I cant accuratly remember, im hoping its just some sort of minor foreskin infection but I am worried it might be gential warts. I am more than happy to provide pictures of the area! Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The "raised hair follicles" are probably Fordyce's spots that are harmless bumps that can affect the shaft and the head of the penis.
They are indeed very often misdiagnosed as genital warts.
Genital warts can also affect the glans penis, so, only visual inspection of this area by your physician, can answer your question.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied May 13th, 2009
Yeah ive had the follicles looked at before they are fine!! But its under the head of my penis when I roll back my foreskin, I see what looks suspicious, ive booked to see a gp, a female gp aswell so she might be a bit more tender.
|