Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Forehead and head swollen

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
Hi , how are you
5 1/2 months old baby forehead and head look swollen

My baby top of his forehead to the front of his head ( up in the hair but not near to his soft spot)feels high in the middle. it is like a line . it feels higher than the rest of his forehead and head. is this normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I don't know. It's hard to tell from what you describe and without seeing a picture or something. The head can have all sorts of bumps and shapes and be perfectly normal. If you think that there is some significant change in the last days where he might have had an injury resulting in swelling or the area is discolored, then take him to the doctor.

If he seems to be happy, eating, growing, and gaining weight, then there is probably no cause for concern.
|

replied April 1st, 2013
The reason I checked this particular problem out is because I am noticing the same thing in my five month old granddaughter. In the front of her head around the forehead area it's swollen. When my daughter puts those head ornaments on her and removes them it leaves an indention that clearly shows swelling. Also lately when she gets excited her arms shake. My daughter says that it's all very normal but I don't know. I can send a picture if you like.
|