Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Fordyce Spots. Is it a sexually transmitted disease?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I was giving my partner oral sex and I didn't notice that he had fordyce spots (which I found out by googling).
I asked what it was, he said he didn't know that he had been having those bumps way before he even began to have sex. I'm not sure whether I should believe him or not. I'm scared now and I don't what's to come out of it. Is it a sexually transmitted disease do I need to get myself checked now?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Hi, i have fordyce spots on my foreskin and I can assure you it isn't a STI. I did some research for you and I found the falling:

The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland: normally, sebaceous glands are only found in association with a hair follicle. They are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They aren't infectious and are a natural occurrence on the body. Men sometimes consult with a dermatologist because they are worried they may have a sexually transmitted disease (especially genital warts) or some form of cancer, but this is not the case.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply