Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

FOR YOUR OWN GOOD (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My period ended about a week ago and now this morning when I got up I had some brown bleeding and then the next time I went to the bathroom it was more of a reddish blood and then after that it was brown again. I have never really had this before. My periods are not regular but this has never happened so soon after my period ends. Is this ok or is there something wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thagudiez
|

replied May 16th, 2009
Bleeding a four days after my period ended?
I have the same exact problem as you and I am very worrried because this has never happened to me before. I'm guessing this may be because a week ago I had protected sex and my boyfriend maybe hit the cervix too hard and maybe I have a cut or something. I tried to make an appointment to a ob/gyne, but I have to wait a few days, but someone told me over the phone that this is probably due to stress and a hormonal imbalance that many women have this issue. She added that obviously she can't due a pap until the bleeding stops.
|

replied May 21st, 2009
That's odd. I came onto this site because I have the same problem. My period ended a week and a half ago, but I started bleeding. I'm not cramping like I usually am, but I'm bleeding really heavy-heavier than my normal periods usually are by far! I hope we get our question answered, it's a little concerning when I don't know what it is. My mother is afraid I may have gotten pregnant and had a miscarriage and never knew it. She said that could be one reason I'm bleeding as hard as I am. I really sincerely hope not, but I just want to know what it could be!
|

replied June 13th, 2009
I am also experiencing similar symptoms. I have always had a pretty regular and mild period. Then this month about a week after my period I started a very light bleeding, sometimes brown and has been going on for 5 days now. I'm hoping to find out something more specific as to what it could be besides just a hormone imbalance.
|

replied June 26th, 2009
I have been having the same problem since may. my period would start then almost stop but still with some bleeding until i had my period in june. it stopped last week when i was on my honeymoon but now its back. i went to my doc today and she said its probably just from stress from the wedding. i did go to the gyno and everything was normal. hope this helps anyone.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I'm having exactly what everyone is describing. I was so surprised when I searched it in google. I'm on the pill, regular light periods. I had a mix up with my pills and forget the package and couldn't take them. I'm worried I'm prego. But hormonal changes make a lot of sense. I started bleeding a week after my period and its been going for just under two weeks.
|

replied January 6th, 2013
spotting one week after period; on the pill
Hi, I am having the same issue as mentioned on this post: I'm on the pill (have been on the same one for years). Ten days after the first day of my period I had a little bit of red blood, and I've had that for 3 days...

Did you find out what had happened in your case?
|

replied November 27th, 2013
Well guess what guys, I've been looking at this and no one has really found a answer or a reason from anyone, but here's mine, I was 2 weeks early for my period and then a week after it finished, it came back again, started off light and brownish, then really heavy, doctors looked for a miscarriage.. Instead they found out I was pregnant.. So there you go guys you now have a successful reason.. I'm pregnant.. GOODLUCK guys and go doctors.. Quicker finding out the real reason there then here! xo
|

replied August 5th, 2009
WOW!! So many people having the same problem as me! This last month my period came and it was normal- VERY painful, but I have endometriosis so it's not weird to have bad pains. A week after my period ended I started to bleed, and heavier then my normal periods, it lasted three days and I had absolutely no pain like I normally do. This has NEVER happened to me before. I took seasonique but only for two days because it made me so sick, but I took those on Monday and Tuesday and didn't start "spotting" till that following Sunday, so I don't think it was the birth control. Please if any of you find anything out or figure out whats going on post it, I'm really curious as to whats going on.

Thanks girls!!
|

replied January 12th, 2013
Wow, ok so I guess I'm not alone here! My period ended just about a week and a half ago and now I've started so light bleeding again. I thought this was weird because at 18 my cycle has finally leveled itself out and I'm normally on a pretty good 28 day cycle, give or take a few days. This morning I had a few cramps, but I thought it was my stomach because it's too early for my period. My mother said it could be stress (it wouldn't be pregnancy because I'm a virgin). Sometimes a google search is pretty darn useful...any ideas?
|

replied January 12th, 2013
Wow, ok so I guess I'm not alone here! My period ended just about a week and a half ago and now I've started so light bleeding again. I thought this was weird because at 18 my cycle has finally leveled itself out and I'm normally on a pretty good 28 day cycle, give or take a few days. This morning I had a few cramps, but I thought it was my stomach because it's too early for my period. My mother said it could be stress (it wouldn't be pregnancy because I'm a virgin). Sometimes a google search is pretty darn useful...any ideas?
|

replied August 7th, 2009
I have the same problem! My periods are always short and last at least three days or four max and Im sure My period ended because I usually get the brown discharge when it does ,Well I did and I though for sure I was off of it but I was still bleeding its Kinda light redish pinkish, Im scared I just want to know if this is normal because i havent had this in my whole four years of having a period . I Need to know what this is and if it's serious, Someone help asap
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2009
Experienced User
hey
Shannonlee963 wrote:
WOW!! So many people having the same problem as me! This last month my period came and it was normal- VERY painful, but I have endometriosis so it's not weird to have bad pains. A week after my period ended I started to bleed, and heavier then my normal periods, it lasted three days and I had absolutely no pain like I normally do. This has NEVER happened to me before. I took seasonique but only for two days because it made me so sick, but I took those on Monday and Tuesday and didn't start "spotting" till that following Sunday, so I don't think it was the birth control. Please if any of you find anything out or figure out whats going on post it, I'm really curious as to whats going on.

Thanks girls!!

wow you and me in the same boat except im just spotting now after my 4 day period...
i think i have endo. Im ttc. So therfore im hopeing this isnt a miscarriage.. i hope its implantation bleeding. My periods are not as excruciating as they use to be since june i was 1week and a half late then july had a 4 day period when its usually 7 or 8 days long. Aug 4th i started spotting light pink the next day it was gone then Today i spotted again its more pink/brown but very light and only when i wipe. Im going to the obgyn the 12 or if i keep doing this im going to the er. so yeah ill keep you updated Smile
|

replied August 13th, 2009
spotting 4 days after short period
hey im here with yall i think im in the same boat exept my period last month was on time normaly last 4-5 days only lasted 2 1/2 days then 4 days after my period ended i strted spotting light pink only when i wiped tho not enoughto even use a pantiliner i also had those mild cramps you know the ones that are there but dont realy hurt they are just annoying had those for 3 days along with the pinkish spotting after 3 days it all went away we have not used any srt of protection in 2yrs never had this before can some one help me
|

replied August 15th, 2009
bleeding but periods over
omg! so many people with the same problem.. I finished my period last week & 6 weeks ago I got an abortion but I had sex 4 weeks ago. But this monthes period was very quick and it was more cramps then usual. My Boobs feel type of sore now like when I first started noticing the pregnancy sympotoms but I dont know. I am really scared of what could this be & if someone finds out the answer they shouldnt post it on here :\. Oh and i am on the nuvaring.... & the bleeding is bright red.. as if it's a cut.
|

replied October 28th, 2012
You made a huge mistake by having sex shortly after you abortion.
I've had two, and both i was warned A LOT not to put ANYTHNG in there until a month had passed.
I hope your not pregnant again.
|

replied August 27th, 2009
omg! at least i am not the only one....i started my period about 8 days ago but last night i started bleeding its really light pink and only when i wipe...i was worried i was pregnant at first because my period was a bout a week and 1/2 late and that i started to miss carry.my nephew had hit me in the stomach and i started to bleed and have very bad cramps but the cramps only lasted like an hour. and if i miss carried it would have been worse...i think? but now about a week later im bleeding really light and idk what to do im only 17 and me and my BF dont use protection. and he thinks the egg might be implanting. so yea if anyone finds out please do tell the rest.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
Bit of a relief to read i,m not alone in this.

I'm 45, and (although this has never happened before) i started bleeding a week after my period ended. The first 2 days was only when i wiped & red pinkish, but 3rd day (today)is a bit more (not heavy like usual)and red.

I,m kinda worried as any of us would be, but due to my age i,m praying it's due to hormonal changes and nothing more sinister!!

Hope we all find an answer:)
|

replied September 3rd, 2011
Hi I'm worried too. I'm 40 have regular periods which are heavy at times. I was sterilized 5 yrs ago, was told the periods would revert back to when I was younger, I have had my normal cycle for 7 days, have been clear of bleeding for 10 days and suddenly I've had a bright red bleed , no pain and not as heavy . But I'm worried also .. I hope some one can shed some light .. X
|

replied December 1st, 2009
haha a lot of people are having the same situation as me. I started my period on Nov. 15th and ended on the 21st. So it was a regular period and then I started spotting on the 27th which was almost a week later and its a brownish pinkish color and there is barely any there...not even enough to wear a tampon and sometimes it only shows when I wipe, this has been going on for about three days now. I was thinking it could be implantation bleeding but i thinks its too soon for that...
|

did anyone on here find out that they were pregnant?
|

Well, on my 4th day of bleeding a week after period ended and today it's much heavier (like a normal period) very strange, and i,m definitely NOT pregnant thankgod!
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
ooommmgggg yesss!!! I'm not the only onee!!! I was so scared...I thought somthing was reallly wrong with me..but then again no one here really knows what the problem is so then again something could actually be wrong with me haha...we need a doctor on here lol...I'm 18 years old..I have unprotected sex..my bf doesn't pull out...yeaa kinda crazy...but we have been together for so long now an not once have I gotten prego..so I automatically think I can't get prego...soo I had my period..regular time regular flow..then a week laterr..I feel this stuff coming out of my vagina..well I juss thought it was discharge..lol until it happened like 5 time through the day..lol..well I went to the bathroom and realized I was bleeding..so I thought my periods early..then I was like wait a minute IT ENDED LAST WEEK!!..so if there is anyone out there that knows the answer to our problems pleaasee tell us..
|

replied April 8th, 2014
wait so what happened? cause NOW i'm going through the exact same thing Sad were you pregnant? Sad
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
i guess the only ppl who can answer any of our possabilities are the docs.....c'mon docs! 17 queries on here and no answers from the pros!!.......please?

Personaly i'm on day 6 now of what has turned into 'heavy' bleeding and bright red!(all started a week after my period ended) Shocked

still cant get my smear till bleeding stops, but WILL make apt. if it's not stopped by weekend regardless of smear just to hopefully test for what ever it is that's going on!.... i,m hoping due to my age (45) it's hormones Question ...this has never happened to me before and i,m very concerned...think i need a drink to calm my nerves LOL

Good luck girls...hope all is well x
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Hi ladies , did anyone find out what their problem ( or not ) was ? I'm 46 & experienced this for the first this month although i've never had it before . Sincerely hope you are all ok x
|

replied December 10th, 2009
I was hoping a reason would be posted as I'm having the same problem. I'm 35, was diagnosed with endometriosis 5 years ago and had laproscopic surgery. No problems since then but I was told symptoms would come back in about 3 years, which obviously I've surpassed. I had a normal period. Finished all that up and started having brown discharge a week after I'd been done. I have some weird cramping going on and the brown seems to be getting heavier.. Not super bad. I can get away with a pantiliner but I'm getting pretty concerned..
|

replied November 27th, 2013
Well guess what guys, I've been looking at this and no one has really found a answer or a reason from anyone, but here's mine, I was 2 weeks early for my period and then a week after it finished, it came back again, started off light and brownish, then really heavy, doctors looked for a miscarriage.. Instead they found out I was pregnant.. So there you go guys you now have a successful reason.. I'm pregnant.. GOODLUCK guys and go doctors.. Quicker finding out the real reason there then here! xo
|
Quick Reply