Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Food Digestion

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
When can one say that the external food that we eat becomes our part or becomes me only?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
ankurthecreator,

The nutrition we take in, goes through several steps before it is incorporated into the body.

The food is broken down in the stomach and upper small intestines. Then, the small molecules are absorbed through the wall of the intestines, through the villi. They are picked up by the blood stream and taken to where they are needed.

The protein or other nutrients then go through several steps to be taken into the cell of the body, where they are going to be used.

So, it is up to you to decide when the nutrients become part of you - when absorbed into the blood stream or when incorporated into the cell.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I got it. The next question is that whether it can be said that the excretory waste that comes out of our body was a part of me or my body at some time? If yes then please explain the process when that waste was the part of my body and how it rejected from being the part of my body?
|
Tags: food
Quick Reply