Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

food & chemical allergies I believe.

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
muscles feel like they are drawing up, like a spasm over most of the body, but mainly in the left jaw and neck area, numbness, stinging in hands, arms, jaw, tounge, stomach and also burning off and on mainly in left leg area. bloated feeling and have been told to avoid wheat and gluten, which i have for 3 days now. recently had shingles and feel it may be related also. have seen heart, md, neurologist, chiropractor and now seeing homeopathic/chiro alternative health.
UPDATE 6/8/11-after reading about people having rare allergic reaction to honey, which I recently added to my diet, I took benadryl and symptoms got better overnight, then went into kitchen the next morning and it started again. Has husband remove honey from kitchen and left home for about an hour, symptoms cleared up until I returned home, then started again, found a air freshener spray I purchased a few weeks ago and after spraying today, had a severe reaction too, have taken more benadryl, which is helping some (ingredients are: water, soya natural extracts of lime, pine needle, aniseed, clove and cedarwood). I am removing items from my home one at a time, need something to take in addition to benadryl, calling pharmacy and doctor now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
how did it work out for u
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
My daughter has a chemical sensitivity to hand sanitizers and disinfectants. She breaks out in hives when exposed and has even had severe contact dermatitis after touching a surface that was recently disinfected. Her msot recent symptom is aching in her wrist joints and the feeling that they are locking up. She is stuck with the Benadryl solution right now also, which makes her so tired she puts off taking it if she can. If your doctor or pharmacist gives you a better option, please post it here. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who could use the info. Thanks and good luck!
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
when I was a child 1963 I went into the wheat fields to pull the Rye. It kills off wheat and takes up space.
Leaving the field I could only see a tiny slit and followed that at my feet till I got home.
My parents took me to Dr. and given a allergy test w/40 possible irritants; When Dr next came in; he starts yelling to his Nurse to try to disinfect me.
NOW allergy results were read as a scale from;
minus 4 to plus 4 and I was 39 out of 40 looking like PLUS TEN... So it was decided that the Company that made the Serums would attempt what they never did before because I was so allergic they would have to dilute into the millions from where they were and DID NOT want to claim any possible results and thought it would take about 7 yrs. NOW LONG STORY SHORT sorry
I took shots 2x week for few months and gave up.
THIS BY THE WAY IS THE THEORY BEHIND HOMEOPATHIC MED
SO the tiny bit I took actually worked wonders; by the next summer I was not so much as 1/10th as bad.

So maybe try a Homeopath and I am sure u have done research.
best to you
|