Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Follicle size , ovulation and intercourse

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
This month the dr prescribed 50mg of Clomid to induce ovulation. I went back to the dr on CD 13 for an us. The dr was disappointed with the progress. My left ovary had only one follicle which was only 14mm. He also said I wouldn't ovulate for 5 more days. The dr said he would have liked for the follicle to have been 18mm. My question is if the follicles grow 1-2mm/day wouldn't my follicle be the correct size on day of ovulation? Or is my timing off? Should I have produced more than one follicle while on clomid?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chikkus
|

replied September 12th, 2009
This is a tough question. Typically women produce more than one follicle on Clomid because usually women produce a follicle a month without taking anything. Did you produce any follicles before? I don't know if this is a good result or not and can't answer that question. Yes a follicle needs to be at least 18mm before ovulation. Are you ovulating with a trigger shot? If so you will ovulate 24 to 48 hours after the shot.

A follicle must be a certain maturity/size to be viable and get fertilized. Follicles typically are expected to grow 1 - 2 mm/day but sometimes they don't. The reasons are numerous but sometimes they are not of good quality and don't grow well. If a follicle is of poor quality it won't fertilize or grow properly.

I don't know you or your situation but are you taking a good prenatal vitamin? Are you watching what you eat meaning healthy preferrably non processed foods? Are you eating artificial sugars?

I had a problem with poor follicle quality before and when I totally changed my diet to organic and nonprocessed and added a great whole food prenatal vitamin along with some prenatal fish oil, CoQ10, and Vitamin D (because I was tested to be deficient) my situation turned around completely.

Sometimes different types of medications help too.
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
follicle size
i had ma last menses on 27 dec n now itz going to b 2 monthz but when i concern with ma doc she said m not pregnnt while ma ultrason reports showz follicle size is 1 mm .can u plz tell me whtz prob with me n also tellme is it bad having flloicle size 1mm
|

replied March 4th, 2010
i had a follicle in ma right ovary on the 24 of feb n my dr asked to hve sex on that day but we only had it on the 29 feb so is there any chances of pregnancy?????????
|

replied April 27th, 2010
hi i have follicle size 23.4 LH on my 10th day of ovulation.doc gave me lupride injection.why she has given me that injection.whats the indicates .
|

replied January 29th, 2012
FOLLICES SIZE
I HAVE FOLLICLES SIZE IS 6.5X6 MM AND 16.2X9.1 MM RESPECTIVELY
|

replied January 29th, 2012
FOLLICES SIZE
I HAVE FOLLICLES SIZE IS 6.5X6 MM AND 16.2X9.1 MM RESPECTIVELY and inform me about right size of follicles for birth of a child and advice me about my follicles
|

replied March 5th, 2014
today is my 10th day i have done my ovolution study for 1 st time right ovary size is 10*9mm
left ovary size is 6*7mm
ET is 4.4mm
|
Quick Reply