Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

fluttering in my right ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Fluttering in right ear.
Hello. I'm a 31 year old male in otherwise good shape. Since the fall, i've been experiencing a random fluttering sensation in my right ear. Some days are worse than others. It may bother me for a whole day or it may subside for 2-3 days before recurring. I went and saw an ENT doctor and was prescribed a nasal steroid, which cleared it up for a month, but then it started randomly again. I again went back to the same ENT and he gave me a refill of the same nasal steroid, but it hasn't changed the condition this time. Some background: i grind my teeth at night, which the ENT was noncommittal that it would be causing it directly. I have scheduled with my dentist to get a mouthguard made, but in the meantime i'm desperately looking for relief as this fluttering is a major distraction to me at work and mentally just gets me down. Please help, thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 31st, 2012
Hello, i am sorry i can not really help, but i am a 31 year old female with the exact same symptoms.. though i have not yet seen the ent.. i will today try something i can get over the counter as it is just terrible! I hope you have had relief, as it truly can be distracting i know!
Good Luck! Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?