Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Fluttering in ear and vertigo - brain tumor ?

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
it started as a fluttering in my ear then i developed vertigo- constant nausea, sickness, tiredness ...this went on for 6 weeks and i then developed the flu. during the whole time i have had and still have a constant dull headache which is worse when lying down and painkillers dont help. I occasionally get a fuzzy pins and needles sensation up the left hand side back of my head and am very sensitive to loud sounds and bright lights. Also my ears are very painful (sharp shooting pains sometimes but dull ache most of the time) my ears also hurt if i blow my nose (my doctor says he has seen no sign of ear infection.....i am also very lethargic and my muscles feel weaker and i sometimes stutter when talking or words im trying to say wont come out. my ears always feel blocked which i think has lead to a decrease in my hearing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2010
It is unlikely that all of these varied symptoms that you describe indicate a brain cancer. However, only an MRI or CT scan of the brain can definitively rule out a brain tumor.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race" (2010)

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I have had the same condition for over 5 years and have had many scans done talked with many doctors and to this date not one has given me a cause or cure. The conditional is always with me but flairs up every so often. Since I have had the condition I have learned what symptoms to look for before full blown vertigo or dizziness sets in. I always have foam ear plugs and any type of "motion sickness meds" with me. Taking the above meds as soon as possible seems to help and avoids the dizziness and beforehand Symtoms to watch for are : sensitive hearing, narrowing of vision, trembling, weakness and inability to sleep.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
vertigo
you may want to look at a procedure called atlas orthogonal. I have read online a lot of people are getting relieve from vertigo. Only about 200 to 300 doctors are trained in this.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.