Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Fluttering feeling in chest

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi, I hope you can help me! I have been having a weird fluttery feeling in my chest, its mostly central but can also be over to the left, it feels like excess wind but im not sure, I dont feel ill in any other way and Im still exercising with out discomfort, ie no chest pains! I had it last year, it went away and has now come back and ive had it for about 3 weeks and it occurs every day, some feelings more intense than others, it is getting me worried now!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2010
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A9998
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know the reason for the fluttering feeling that you experience in your chest.

A fluttering feeling in the chest may be due to tachycardia which may appear due to heart diseases, stress (physical or psychological), lack of sleep and exhaustion, menopause, etc. If this fluttering feeling appears during rest it may indicate a heart issue. To rule out any heart issues that cause flatter an ECG is required. If this fluttering feeling appears during exercising and disappears shortly after stopping and resting, then it is a normal reaction.

According to the data that you described you may or may not be experiencing any medical condition. However, you may consider having an ECG to rule out any heart issues.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment of your current condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.