Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Flutter or thump in my chest

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I can only remember getting this as far back as 2007 after my last car accident. The accident messed up the left side of my upper body. I still have pains in my sternum and my shoulder/arm are messed up and have nerve damage I bet. But I used to get this fluttering feeling very randomly in my chest. Then in 2009 when I was pregnant it became more constant. My doctor didnt look into it when I mentioned saying it was probably gas or heartburn since i had heartburn constantly everyday. But ever since I worked at ups last year lifting heavy boxes and drinking energy drinks it became an everyday thing and way more prominent and happened a few times a day. I only worked there for 2 months but they are still frequent. There are times where when they happen it feels like it is coming out of my chest or I get light headed and feel fatigued and all I want to do is sleep to make it go away. what is weird is even though they are totally random to where I do not know what triggers them, they sometimes affect my stomach. But I had an EKG, an ultrasound type test done on my heart, a treadmill stress test, blood tests, and a wore a holster monitor for 24 hours but my heart doctor said he could not find anything wrong. He sent me to his colleague who wouldn`t tell me anything but wanted me to take medications and finally said he wasnt sure what I have but that he saw a small something and thought is was some initials I cant remember. But it seems to be a genetic thing as my mom says she gets them and my grandmother has a spastic heart rhythm. Anybody have this to or can give me any advice? I would really like this to go away as it freaks me out and is really annoying. Oh and I dont know if it is related to the same thing but I have heart burn just about everyday and get a lot of gas. I sometimes notice that when I do have these annoying things I tend to have heartburn at the same time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi kfouche and welcome to ehealth...I hear you...When I first discovered that I had an irregular heart beat, it really bothered me...All of the sudden I imagined that my heart would skip a beat or that something would happen and it would stop...They, too, did all the tests...Seeing I come from a family of heart problems I had to learn to either accept this and learn to be healthy...or spend the rest of my life worrying if my time was going to be up...Needless to say I accepted the first option...

What I speak about happened a good 15 years ago...In time I learned to accept some of the things that I had no control of...I forgot about the fluttering and nerves that brought this on and it stayed away....I believe so much of the problems of we humans has to do with stress...In truth, it was only when I was able to accept this could I not worry about it anymore...Try to put it in the back of your mind and move on...I send you my best wishes...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?