I've had a sinus infection since June of last year...it showed up in a CT scan when I was at the hospital for a brain injury. I had an MRI done in December and it was still there. I've been having some strange symptoms the past couple days and I was wondering if it was related to the sinus infection...so I decided to flush my sinuses out with warm tap water and salt.
I told my mom what I was doing after I already flushed 10-12 times using a syringe and warm tap water and she told me to stop because 2 people died last year from a brain eating bacteria called amoeba after flushing with tap water.....I did not boil or sanitize the water in any way.
HELP!!! What are the chances of this happening to me? I've been freaking out all day and have had non-stop panic attacks. I don't know what to do.