Hi, I get flue like symptoms after about 2 days when I eat citrus fruit. Fruits that seems to cause this are oranges, lemons, pineapples, kiwi, etc. I can however eat apples, grapes, watermelons, honeydews, etc. I've been to a doctor and he reckoned that I am allergic to vitamin C. This sounds a bit fishy to me since I can eat lots of fruit containing vitamin C. Anyone else that's experiencing similar problems? Is it an allergy?
normally you can test on your skin; rub a small spot on inner forearm but u seem to be bothered by fruit with a outside casing so maybe cut in halve and if u get a allergic reaction, be sure to wash off , put some calamine or benadryl type lotion or take antihistamines
and may like so many JUST don't eat the foods that u react to