Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

fluctuating body temperature

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
My friend has had this condition for a while, around a year now. His body temp will go as low as 94 and he feels ill, but when it goes back up to 98 he feels better. I have taken his temp and it could be 98 and only a few minutes later it could be down to 95 to 94. Maybe an hour later it could back up above 97. He has checked to make sure it wasn't false readings from the thermometer, I checked my temp on the same thermometer only a minute or so after he took his and it was fine. We had his thyroid checked out and all the readings were normal. Just wondering what it could be. Could it be his adrenals or his pituitary? Any suggestions of what we should check out next would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|