Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Flu then gas?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
User Profile
I had the 24 hr stomach flu a couple of days ago and since then I have had the WORST excessive gas. I have taken Imodium and still no relief. I've eaten very little in the last 3 days. What can I do. Pee You...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2011
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A18372
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Excessive gas can be due to consumption of oily,spicy food or normal breakdown of undigested food by harmless bacteria in the intestine.
1)Avoid having high fibre foods like beans,carbonated drinks,alcohol,caffeine.
2)Have small frequent meals.
3)Drink lots of water.
4)Consume 2 to 3 mint leaves which will help in relieving gas.
5)Take a pinch of asafetida with water.
6)Go for walk after meals.
If all this does not help you at all kindly visit a physician for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.