Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Flu Symptoms and Chest Angina?

Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...
User Profile
Shocked Something is definitely wrong with me. I've been taking my vitamins ever day since the beginning of August, and doubled up on my C, but soemhow I still got sick. My recent symptoms were much like the flu, headache, hot/cold flashes, fever, upset stomach... Something odd was added on today, my third day home since it began. I have a tightness in my chest, right below my throat, which feels oddly cold when I inhale deeply. I'm only seventeen and don't get sick all that often, but when I do, it normally feels a lot worse than normal.

When I got up this morning, my stomach felt upset so I took two gravol, my prozac, and two advil to ease the headache. I complained about my chest ache and cold, and went to have a hot shower. Standing under the water eased the cold feeling I had but only as long as I was under it. My breathing has lessened since, and it doesn't hurt as much as it did when I woke up, but I still feel cold in the chest and tight everywhere else.

I have an ear-infection and am taking apo-clarithromycin every day, twice a day, with food. (I began taking it tow days ago when I went to my walk-in clinic) Is this a regular case of a bad cold, the flu, or something even worse? Or perhaps a side-affect of my antibiotics for the ear infection?
Did you find this post helpful?
|