Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Flu and ovulation

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
Why do I always feel like I am getting the flu for a few days around ovulation? Some months are better than others, but sometimes it is quite debilitating.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2010
I have had flu like symptoms whenever I ovulate now for more than 2 years. I have recorded them and I get what feels like a cold each time I ovulate. It starts with sneezing and then by the 3rd day I am exhausted with a sore throat and aches and pains. It is usually from 14 days after my period starts till about the 18-20 day. Has anyone found a way to stop this because I can't go on living like this!??? Once a month I feel too ill to go on a run, or stay up later than 9pm. It is so frustrating, esp as I know it happens each and every month without fail!
|

replied May 27th, 2011
I am just now starting to record my symptoms, but I have the same thing, most noticibly a sore throat and abdominal pain. Each time I think I am getting sick and feel run down and tired - it started when my periods started again after the birth of my second child, so it's only been a few months. No luck with stopping it, though I have heard the pill can sometimes help with ovulation pain.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
Flu symptoms and pain 2 weeks a month
I have had these same symptoms for over two years. I kept being told that it's from an ovarian cyst I have and put on birth control to stop my ovulation. After 2 years of it getting worse I finally went to a natural health Dr that specializes in body streanth testing and nutrition. I found the underling cause of the ovarian cyst, a food allergi that was triggering a bad reaction in my body and high chemical levels that had horrible affected the part of my system that controls my ovaries, uterus, stomach etc... I am now being treated by diet along with a organic standard process vitamin program that. It's the first thing that has actually made total since and is finally working on my. I hope this info helps someone with the same problem. I know feeling really sick 2 weeks a month is horrible!!

Tracy B.
|
Tags: Flu
Quick Reply