Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Flow Cytometry Blood Test for Lymphoma

Is a flow cytometry blood test definitive for finding early lymphoma? Will other cancers show up on the test? My lymph node biopsy was benign but my oncologist has suggested a flow cytometry. I am so frustrated with all of the tests. I have diffuse swollen lymph nodes, fevers, night sweats and extreme fatigue. I really just want to know what is wrong so I can be treated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2010
In most cases, lymphoma is diagnosed following biopsy of abnormal lymph nodes. The microscopic appearance of lymphoma cells in the lymph node, and the results of flow cytometry performed on the lymph node itself, will usually make (or exclude) the diagnosis of lymphoma.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.