Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

floating line in right eye vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hello, just his morning I wok eup and noticed that there was an issue with my right vision. There seems to be a "tail" like floating object in my right vision. it moves with my eye movements and it's like a black speckled hair. I flushed my eyes to no avail. I do have Type 1 diabetes and have had recent vision issues: i.e.: diabetic retinopathy, PDR, macular edema. I have had laser treatment on my left eye for this and am having the right eye done in about 3 weeks. But as I stare at a computer screen all day and the "tail-like" object is mor eprominent in the white light this has been an annoyance today. Anyone know what this is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
What you see as a tail like line in your vision field that moves as you move your eye and becomes more prominent when looking at a plain background, is known as floater or floaters, sometimes accompanied with flashes.
Although, they can be a part of normal aging of your eye, it is important to be examined by your ophthalmologist as soon as possible, cause it can indicate retinal damages.
Acctually, one serious complication from diabetic retinopathy is a detached retina with symptoms like new floaters, dark spots, or light flashes or vision that is blocked, blurred, distorted or you cannot see.

Visit your ophthalmologist immediately!

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied February 12th, 2009
So with the advice of others I went to my OD today and he took some pictures of my eye. The floaters are being caused by a hemmorage and we bumped up my appt to get laser treatment to next week. Thanks for the advice and help.
|