Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Fleas , mites , scabies or other ?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
We moved into a clean new apt 6 weeks ago. This is a hot weather climate we are not used to. We also have an indoor cat. For the past week wife and I have bites on ankles, arms, legs. My first thought was mosquitos but buttocks area? Second thought was bed bugs because in NY it's all the talk. But I worked in hotels and know where to look and know the other sgns of them (blood on sheets/pillow case) and haven't seen anything like that. Also no bites near head.

The cat...of course it's fleas. I was sure of it. He's scratching a bit also. He doesn't go outside though. Can fleas find him on a 2nd floor house apt? I get bits on the ankles and it feels like flea bites...but...

scabies? I had barely heard of them till I just wiki'd it. The reason I say this is because 2 issues stick with me:
1) I constantly feel like there is a insect on me. I keep checking for a flea, but have yet to see one. I know growing up with cats you eventually can find/kill a flea on you. Not too hard. But I never see any bugs, and I constantly i get these sensations like one is on me.

2)As I said above, we have not found any actual fleas or other insects.

I still assume fleas and am buying a good vacuum tomorrow. Does the salt ont he carpet really work to kill them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|