Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Flatulence due to Hemorrhoids?

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Hi,

I am a 28 years old male. I got piles/hemorrhoids about 5-6 years back (Lumps on outer side of my anus). I assume that it is piles because sometimes these lumps swallow and bleed but bleeding is very rare e.g. for 3-4 days a year. I never went to the doctor just because I am too shy to show my body parts to a doctor.

Since last year I am feeling extreme flatulence problems. I keep on passing air through anus but it comes again after a few minutes and stays normally in lower abdomen especially on left side where colon is. Once a doctor did endoscopy for me and nothing from upper abdomen was found. Therefore, my question is that is it possible that the lumps on my anus are the cause of this flatulence? Shall I visit a doctor? What do you suggest?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I am not a doctor, but I would say that the lumps on your anus are not the cause of your flatulence....However, I would suggest you see a doctor and speak to him/her about your problem....You probably will feel a lot better about this situation...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Thanks for the reply. But is it possible that Hemorrhoids cause flatuelence as well?
|
Quick Reply